This privacy notice covers how we use to personal information you share with us and why we may need to ask for it.
1. What kind of personal information about you do we process?
Personal information that we process in connection to our services offered include:
· Personal and contact details, such as full name (personal or business), home or business address, email and telephone numbers.
· Records of contact with us such as, invoice and estimate history relating to works carried out or to be carried out and payment methods used.
· Vehicle information (make model and registration plate), this will be shown on invoices, estimates and held on our database.
2. What is the source of your personal information?
We collect personal information from the following sources:
· From you directly or family/friends acting on your behalf when authorised to do so by yourself.
· Information generated by you when you use our services, this includes online booking requests either through social media or email contact forms.
· Information generated by you when you use a third party referral service.
· Telephone recording system
3. What do we use your personal data for?
We use your personal data, including any listed in section 1 for the following purposes
· To provide a repair/service history for your vehicle.
· To provide business statements where applicable.
· Returning customer’s details will be located on our database when we input a registration and can be linked to various vehicles owned by yourself and or family members if requested.
· Warranty companies you are registered with may request that we provide service history details of your vehicle.
· Sending out text messaging reminders for MOT/SERVICE when becoming due, we will ask for your consent to do this and you will need to “Opt In” to the reminders.
4. How do we store your personal data?
We store your personal data in the following ways:
· Held manually in a diary
· Recorded electronically in CarVue, our garage software program
· Recorded electronically in Xero, our accounting software
· Held manually on job cards
5. What are the legal grounds for processing of your personal information?
We rely on the following legal bases to use your personal data:
· Updating our records, tracing your whereabouts to contact you about your account and recovering debt (where appropriate).
Where it is our legitimate interest to do so:
· To follow guidance and recommended best practice of government and regulatory bodies
· For managing and auditing of our business including accounting
· Parts supplied may be covered under warranty and we require vehicle details including make, model, date and mileage when part(s) were first installed to claim costs incurred from our supply companies.
· To carry out monitor and to keep records of our communication with you in order to assist us to help resolve any disputes that may arise.
· So as to comply with our legal obligations
6. How and when you can withdraw your consent:
· You can contact us in person or via email/telephone to request text reminders to stop.
7. Do we share your information with 3rd party’s?
· We only share your information with 3rd parties as mentioned in sections 3 & 4 unless;
· Should you request to pay via a finance package, we will share your personal data with Auto Service Finance, (the finance company). This will only be done after reading the consent disclosure and introduction statement. This will be read out to you at the time of the request and we will accept your consent verbally.
· We share your vehicle details only with a 3rd party MOT station when you request us to arrange an MOT on your behalf. No personal data is shared in this situation as a result, you cannot be identified.
8. Do you have to provide your personal information to us?
· We will be unable to offer some of our services without obtaining your personal information listed in section 1
9. For how long is your personal information held by us?
Unless we explain otherwise we will hold your personal information based on the following criteria:
· For as long as we have business needs, such as managing our relationship with you and managing our operations
· For as long as we provide goods and services to you and then, for as long as someone could bring a claim against us, and or
· Retention periods in line with legal and regulatory requirements or guidance
· Job cards are securely destroyed if the last invoice date for the vehicle was over 2 years ago.
· All customer details except name are deleted from CarVue if the customer has not been invoiced for over 3 years
· All customer details are deleted from Xero after 7 years (so as to comply with HMRC Requirements).